NEW*** nano cube

Apr 17, 2008
hey i won the pet photo contest on drs foster and smith .com and i got 300$!! to there site and im going to get a saltwater nano im also going to get
this stuff VVVVVVVVVVVV

------------------------------------
CN-80381
SW - Colony Polyp, Assorted (Eastern Asia) - Medium
$ 16.99

x

=

$16.99
------------------
CN-90164
SW - Clown Goby, Yellow
$ 4.99

x

=

$9.98
----------------------------
CN-78439
SW - Banded Coral Shrimp - Medium
$ 5.99

x

=

$5.99
--------------------------
Live Rock/Sand
CP-39301
SW - Refugium Rubble - 25lb bag
$ 34.99

x

=

$34.99

Subtotal:

$34.99

Shopping Cart Subtotal:

$67.95

---------------------------------
Ok what are NEEDS for a nano sw tank 6gal with those items listed above?

Last edited:

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
i would buy a 12g personally. yo fill up those small tanks really fast and a 6g isnt really big enough for doin much

and get basics first...unless yo have to buy everythin at once.
if yo are new to the hobby yo wanna take it slow and not add everythin at once.

sand
hydrometer
LR
salt

yo do not need a skimmer on that size tank.
yo will want maybe some snails too...just to et algae once it sstarts growin but i would hold off on anythin alive until th tank is even setup

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
the tank isnt guna be ready for fish/corals right from the get go .... i agree you should get some of the necessities instead... oh and a larger tank would help u keep params more stable

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Congrats.

6gal, 12gal...i'd say its all about what you are trying to do, and what you want in the future. Some people like to stick to the small tanks forever.

The LR/Sand would be a good purchase, but wait on the other livestock. Not only will it save you money but it will save you headaches later. Get the LR and let the tank cycle and establish itself, then go for the fish and coral.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
seeing as how your trying to go with corals (reef) id defintly try to go with the bigger tank if possible since corals need more stable params and its harder to keep it stable in smaller volumes of water ;)

Apr 17, 2008
oh oh lol of coruse i wasnt going to buy the fish first and i have alot of aquruim stuff in my other cart not just the tank :) i was just making sure i have the right stuff and by the way the fish and coral and live rock are just in a cart now :p i didnt order yet i was just geting an idea

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
if it wer me with your budget id go with the "Aqua Pod" 12g with 54w pc's for $123, id also grab a "nano koralia" powerhead for $26, a bag of live sand (this will help speed up your cycle) the 16 lb box of "nano" live rock for $69.99, and a testkit to moniter your levels during the cycle.... this pretty much eats away at most of your budget but from there youll be on your way to one bad a** nano setup ;)