Fish skin desorder!!!!!

Jun 7, 2008
india
my fishes have faded their colour and some whitish skin is covering the body of my 2 fishes
is this velvet desease
if this is velvet will this desease spread all over my tank
can this be stoped
i am already fighting ich
now this disorder
what to do
any ideas grey cells!!!!:confused:

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
It can also be treated with Quinine Hydrochloride. But absolutely you need to make sure exactly what it is. Do you still have any inverts (anemone's ect) in there? They really complicate treatment.

Could you post a picture of two?

Chris

Jun 7, 2008
india
I Am Not Sure Which Desease Got My Clowns So Fast
Aclimated Them For 1 Hour
Even Then Their Skin Was Shedding And Fadding In Colour Day By Day
Cant Be Ich Could Be Some Clown Desease Or Some Some White Eye Desease
Any Ideas What Was It?

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Lol, Actually I ment a picture of the sick fish ;). BTW, Like was said before, you need more/better light for those anemones...

Clowns are suceptible to Brooknella. It's also a parasite if I remember correctly. Freshwater dips work but you would need to put them into a tank that *is not* infected. IE; a quarientine tank. That's also assuming they arn't too far gone already.

... does that mean you got *another* new fish?... I don't remember you having a clown before.

Chris

Jun 29, 2008
PA
i cannot tell if youre being sarcastic but if you arent i will explain.

upon signs of ich, I would take the rock out, quarantine fish in hyposalinity, leave tank alone for 8 weeks. not keep putting fish in, add corals, anemone.... Adding all these fish, corals, etc, in an ich contaminated tank cannot make their environment healthy!

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
i cannot tell if youre being sarcastic but if you arent i will explain.

upon signs of ich, I would take the rock out, quarantine fish in hyposalinity, leave tank alone for 8 weeks. not keep putting fish in, add corals, anemone.... Adding all these fish, corals, etc, in an ich contaminated tank cannot make their environment healthy!
Which this person has been told many times and continues to buy new fish and inverts with no research every couple days unfortunately for the fish and inverts.:mad:

Jun 7, 2008
india
guys dont scream at me(help me)
becouse i didnot added any new fish
all are old ones
this is what i think happened to my tank
started on nov 22
introduced dead live rock from my FW tank
added 1 yellowtail damshel on 25 nov
she died when i put her in QT tank for treatment(died due to overdose)(1.7 inch)
then introduced T clown(she died in few days)she rejected food)(1.2 inch)
after 10 days got blue damshel(still alive and in good shape)(size 1.3 inch)
after 5 days introduced 3 spot(still alive but not in good shape)(size 1inch)
after 3 spot i introduced my sweetheart puffer(she died in QT tank with in 15 hours)died due to overdose)(size 1.8inch)
then added doctor wrasse(she died in QT tank)(she died becouse of overdose and also she went into medicine tank at the first day)
intoduced sweetlips(still in display...and fighting ich(size 2.5 inch)
then coral beauty dies becouse of velvet maybe(size 3 inch)
introduced file fish..she is fit(size 2.6 inch)
then 2 clarki clowns(size 1 inch and 1.5 inch)they dies due to some strange desease
these could be the causes
1-uncycled tank
2-to much bio load
3-ich(becouse none of the fish were QURANTINED)
4-CHANGE IN TEMPRATURE(AS I NORMALY CHANGE THE TEMP FROM 26C TO 32C)
ADDED FISHES TO QUICKLY
NO OF LOST FISHES =6
NO OF ALIVE =4
ICH WAS THERE FROM THE FIRST FISH(THAT IS A GURANTEE)
VELVET CAME AT THE LAST
WATER READINGS
AMONIA=.5MG
NITRITE=.3MG
NITRATE=0
PH=8.5
GRAVITY=1.23
TRIED 2 LPS
FIRST LPS SHOWED=75% DEATH RATE(T CLOWN(DEAD),CLARKI(DEAD),CORAL BEAUTY(DEAD),SWEETLIPS(ALIVE),FILE FISH(ALIVE BUT NOT EATING),PUFFER(DIED)(1 BLEACHED ANEMONE)
SECOND SHOWED=50% DEATH RATE(3 SPOT(ALIVE),BLUE DAMSHEL(ALIVE),DOCTOR WRASSE(DEAD),YELLOW TAIL(DIED))
TILL NOW WHAT I HAVE DONE FOR MY TANK(TO SAVE IT FROM DISASTER)
SET UP A QT tank(but came in no use as it made to save live ...it eat my fishes at first shot)
used aqua pharma medicine(result ****** up fishes...nothing else)(and one anemone)which is now transfered to QT tank
removed rocks(let remain only two pieses out of nine)
3 problems i have with my tank
1-uncyled even after 55 days
2-ich
3-this winter
4-velvet
WHAT TO DO
I AM FED UP OF THIS ALL FAILURES
i have done all i can

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
OK, so with those water test's your tank is finally starting to cycle. The ammonia looks like it's coming down, and you now have some nitrite. Just keep testing until both of those read 0.00 at that point you should start seeing some nitrate.

Just wondering, why did you take out some of the rock?

I'm really sorry to say but you might just end up lossing most (if not all) of your fish. Just a thought but do you have access to a UV sterilizer? If you run it on the main tank for the time being it'll help kill any pathogens. After your tank is good you could run it on your quarintine tank. If you can get one let us know what type and we can recommend how to set it up. Flow rate and such... Just don't use it with medications, the UV will break them down and there's nothing saying the new compounds that could form won't be toxic.

Also, why are you adjusting the temprature? at this point aim for stable. Stick to the 26 degrees C.

And finally, by Doctor Wrasse I'm guessing you mean this -> (link to a picture) http://www.grizzlyrun.com/Files/Images/Image_Gallery/cleaner_wrasse_pic3.jpg
If so, they have a horrible survival rate in captivity last I heard. They also have a VERY important role in the wild, so much so there was talk of banning all collection of them a few years back. I *think* Hawaii actually did ban collection from their waters.

Chris

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
here is my recommendation, take all the fish out and place them in a qt tank. Treat this with the hyposalinity method. Leave the tank fallow *empty* minimum of 6 weeks this will eradicate the ich out of the main display and give it time to cycle properly.

After six weeks if any fish survive the qt....you can then re-introduce them to the diplay tank. Slowly to let the tank adjust to the new additional bioload.

The qt tank will not have cycled so you will have to be dilligent in the water changes which you can accomplish while bringing down the salinity slowly over a period of time.....NOTHING except the fish in the qt....maybe a few pieces of pvc pipe to give the fish a place for refuge.

Take that sweetlips back to the store as it surely won't survive in your small tank.....

Jun 7, 2008
india
will fishes be able to live in salinity=1.09
can i keep all the anemones in a small bowlwithout heater(temp could go to 21c)
will that be ok
i wannna use bowl becouse i can put them in direct sunlight
how much watt UV should i buy
is 9 watt good
and yes that is the same exact wrasse
cant take her back becouse he wont take it back
ill get the Uv tommrow and post some pics ...before that tell me which one to buy