Aqua C Remora Purchase...How to Clean?

Jun 29, 2008
PA
I just purchased a relatively new "2 month" old Aqua C Remora PS. How can I clean this skimmer, so I do not introduce any bacteria from the owner's old tank into mine? Thanks! -Matt

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I would run it in a tub with white vinegar.....afterwards rinse it out and let it dry. Should be fine after that. I know the construction of these skimmers make it difficult to clean then out perfectly......but the vinegar should clean it and any bacteria

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
no you could use water/bleach but the vinegar will do the same thing and clean it as well.....disolve any calcium built up in the skimmer.....which I don't think a bleach solution will remove

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
i received the skimmer today and it going through 'vinegar skimming.' how long do you suggest i do this before performing a 'water skimming' then letting it dry before insertion into the display tank.

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
thanks. i had the skimmer run wiht 100% vinegar for 4 hours. it ran with a 2/3 vinegar, 1/3 water solution for the next 7 hours. then in a 100% water flow for one hour. now it has been drying for the last 9 hours so it should be dry by the time i get hoem.