Urgent Help Needed

Dragonet

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2009
Kingston ON.
I bought a banded goby last night that I had ordered and asked what to feed him and what I have the LFS said that what I have should be good because he is so large he prob wont be picky, but if he was come back to get some shrimp or black worms. However I tried feeding him today and he didnt even try it he just swam right by. Now normally I would go get the food right now but they are closed today, I work tomorrow and then they are closed sunday.
What should I do?

Liam

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
I wouldn't worry about it being new in the tank. It might not eat for a few days. When I put my watchman goby in it disappeared for a few days. I thought it was dead then it came out one day and started eating.

Last edited:

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Sure, you could try fresh shrimp from the grocery store but as the others have said, I wouldn't worry too much. No matter what you offer him he might not take it 'til he settles in. Plus a healthy fish can handle going without food for a lot longer than a few days.

When you do get to the LFS, I'd second zoalover34's recommendation of Mysis. Try to go for the Hakari frozen, as much as I like supporting Canadian small buisnesses Piscine Energetics ( Piscine Energetics Inc - PE MYSIS - fresh water shrimp ) uses a MUCH larger FW species.

Chris

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
A lot of saltwater fish will take at least a few days to eat. Sometimes, it can take a week or more. Most saltwater fish will eat frozen mysis. Don't panic!

It's always a good idea to ask the store what they were feeding a fish. Even if it was eating happily at the store, it still may take a few days for it to eat once you get it home.