What To Feed Banded Goby?

Dragonet

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2009
Kingston ON.
I got a Banded Goby a few nights back and I am wondering what to feed him now? He wasn't eating the ocean nutrition food I had gotten him so I bought some ghost shrimp but he wont eat them either, he would rather sift through the sand next to them. I was just wondering where to go from here, maybe copepods? I also heard black worms?
Any help would be very appreciated.

Liam

Feb 8, 2009
I hear that banded are good because they'll eat almost anything. My goby didn't eat for the first 3 days. He's a much smaller coral goby, but yours may just need more time to acclimate. I would also try brine shrimp.

Dragonet

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2009
Kingston ON.
I hear that banded are good because they'll eat almost anything. My goby didn't eat for the first 3 days. He's a much smaller coral goby, but yours may just need more time to acclimate. I would also try brine shrimp.
Thats what I thought but he has been sifting through the sand for food and has been trying to eat the algae on the side of the tank?

Liam

Feb 8, 2009
If it looks like he's trying to eat the algae, get some algae food from the LFS and a clip to keep it on the bottom next to him. This will attract most of your clean-up crew so keep an eye on it and take it out of the tank right after the goby eats, but if you want to make sure he eats this should work. Good luck.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I'd say that frozen mysis is the most readily accepted food for most saltwater fish. I start out almost all of my fish on this, and it's only strict herbivores that won't eat it.

What kind of banded goby is it? Do you know the Latin name?

Dragonet

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2009
Kingston ON.
I'd say that frozen mysis is the most readily accepted food for most saltwater fish. I start out almost all of my fish on this, and it's only strict herbivores that won't eat it.

What kind of banded goby is it? Do you know the Latin name?
I do not know the latin name sorry but I have heard this mysis food mentioned alot, I think im going to try that and get back to you.
Thanks.

Liam