What did you get for christmas ? (fish related)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i got a aqua controller jr along with a dc8, a 4x 24" new wave T5 for the frag tank and im still trying to find a decent deal on a used dslr which isnt completly fish related but ill definitly be taking pics of the tank with it lol

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
any paticular reason your going with that skimmer? for the money an octopus extreme 200 would blow it out the water ;) (a little bit cheaper too!)

Dragonet

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2009
Kingston ON.
any paticular reason your going with that skimmer? for the money an octopus extreme 200 would blow it out the water ;) (a little bit cheaper too!)
Limited space it actually came down to this one or an octopus but its going in a sump under the tank and theres only so much room. And even the c-skim1200 will be close but because it has a drain for the collection cup and the automated rim cleaner it will be easier to clean because after its in there to do a full maitenance on it ill have to pull out the sump.
And in conclusion thats why I chose it but I have heard so many good things about the octopus, I really wish I could get it.

DarkLies

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2009
Louisiana
Hmm...I got 2 books: The Everything Tropical Fish Book and The Encyclopedia of Aquarium and PondFish (as suggested on this site =])
I also got a 10 gallon for my baby red-eared slider
Ohh, and 2 bubble stones XD Just random stones haha

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
let me know exactly what area youll be in and ill point you towards the best in that area... my personal favorite is coral reef farm which is just south of ft laud airport, big al's is a must see for any first timer... its like the size of walmart but all aquarium related... like i said tho tell me where your going and ill let you know whats around there

Dragonet

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2009
Kingston ON.
let me know exactly what area youll be in and ill point you towards the best in that area... my personal favorite is coral reef farm which is just south of ft laud airport, big al's is a must see for any first timer... its like the size of walmart but all aquarium related... like i said tho tell me where your going and ill let you know whats around there
Coral reef farm sounds good, I've been to a few big al's up here in Canada and they're great but I'd really like to see a true lfs of ft. Lauderdale. If you say coral reef farm is good I'd really like to check it out. If you could let me know where exactly it is that would be great.
Thanks.

Liam.