Sparkling Gourami and Shrimp?

Apr 25, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm thinking about setting up a fluval edge for shrimp, would sparkling gouramis be okay with shrimp? I don't want something that will eat them like my bettas have in the past...

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2009
Shrimplet's are pretty small but then so are the gourami.
Perhaps if there is plenty of moss for shrimp to hide in ,not too many would be in danger.
My sister keeps Cherry shrimp and some other's and the babies are tiny.

Apr 25, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm planning on java fern around the filter thingy (idk what you would call it on the fluval?) and then as it goes outward java moss and maybe some marimos towards the outer edge. I want a lot of java moss!
I'd love to do HC too but I'm positive that I would kill it.
I'm also going to put a sponge on the filter intake as I've heard the fluval will eat up my shrimpies

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2009
I'm planning on java fern around the filter thingy (idk what you would call it on the fluval?) and then as it goes outward java moss and maybe some marimos towards the outer edge. I want a lot of java moss!
I'd love to do HC too but I'm positive that I would kill it.
I'm also going to put a sponge on the filter intake as I've heard the fluval will eat up my shrimpies
Good idea with the sponge over the intake of filter.*thumbsup2

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
One of my shrimp disappeared and I figured it had died and been munched, but when I dismantled my filter for a thorough cleaning a few weeks later, I found it under all the layers of filter media, seemingly in good health - apparently it was sucked up through the thin slits of the filter intake. I now wrap the intake with a piece of mesh nylon . . . . no more disappearing shrimp!