Young Fish dying

Aug 14, 2011
Oh i put them in there every time i change the water/clean because they are still small enough to be sucked by the thing. And its not ick its some food.

I was just wondering what you gust think might be wrong with them since petsmart didn't help much and i didnt have pics before.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
I read back form the beginning and you have never really said what all you actually have been doing when you clean your tank. You may very well be killing the cycle every time you clean the tank and from all the replies you have received it would seem like they mostly think it is your water condition and without those actual reading for the ammonia, nitrites and nitrates it is hard to help. We would like to, but we need more information.

Feb 27, 2009
Oh i put them in there every time i change the water/clean because they are still small enough to be sucked by the thing.
Not sure what 'the thing' is, but if its a syphon or gravel vac, you might do better by the fish to leave them in the tank and not subject them to being captured every time there is cleaning to be done. A simple section of airline tubing can be used to do a slow and gentle vacuum of the gravel if you fear they would be caught in the vacuum tube. The most important thing is to change the water to dilute the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

How exactly are you cleaning the tank and changing the water? How often?

Aug 14, 2011
Its a gravel vacuum, I just suck as much dirt as i can and by them it can be anywhere from 30-50% of the water, I put some water back as close to the temperature plus i add the dechlorinator, and also i now add 5ml of good bacteria. Thats all.