Stocking Questions with my 29gallon

Nov 5, 2011
I am looking to get some more fish for my 29 gallon tank and I am unsure what I should add.
Right now I have:
1 brustle nose pleco,
5 cories, and
2 dwarf gouramis.

I was thinking of adding some neon tetras possibly.
I am unsure of what would be best to add. I have searched and found many good options to add in with the dwarf gourami. I just do not know how many fish are appropriate for this tank.

Thanks for any help!
Laura

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
you may run into fighting with you dwarf gouramis

so then add some tetras or livebearers for movement...say 5-8 tetras or 3-4 platys

amount of fish depends on water change schedule and filter and live plants...but as a beginner a good start would be safe stocking and not overstocking at all.

Jul 18, 2011
underwater
I am looking to get some more fish for my 29 gallon tank and I am unsure what I should add.
Right now I have:
1 brustle nose pleco,
5 cories, and
2 dwarf gouramis.

I was thinking of adding some neon tetras possibly.
I am unsure of what would be best to add. I have searched and found many good options to add in with the dwarf gourami. I just do not know how many fish are appropriate for this tank.

Thanks for any help!
Laura
]

Definitely have a school of PENGUIN TETRAS.

MdngtRain

Large Fish
Jan 9, 2011
New England
Tetras are cool, tho I like cardinals better then neons (more expensive tho). Penguin tetras are also cool, and would be ok in a 29g. A word of caution with live-bearers, they multiply, quickly... While the gourami will likely eat much of the fry population, you'll still have an increase in fish every few weeks. ;)

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
hm...ive had 3 platys...2f-1m for over a year with no fry. betta gets them all probably or parents. so not always the case. other fish tend to eeat the tiny guys if they have no protection. get a ball of java moss oing and fry will hide in it and itll help out the tank too