10 gallon?

Dec 20, 2003
Bemidji, MN
Visit site
im thinkin about startin a 10 gallon saltwater tank, just a small one with a couple gobies and maybe a clown? is 10 gal too small for a clown? thats probably all i would get, just like 2 or 3 gobies and a clown and some of those little crabs.. think its a good idea? ive wanted a salt for a long time and im just gonna start off with a small 10 gal, so the main question is, is 10 gal too small for a clown? dont worry ive done my research and i have plenty of $$$ to spend on it so it wont be a half *** tank

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
for a ten i would reccomend no more than one clown fish...you will be overstocked otherwise. crabs will be fine, a good cleanup crew would also include snails. just make sure you use some good LR ffor bio filtration and you should be fine

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
If you've got the $$$ then why mess around starting with a ten? Unless you really, specifically want a nano you're just making life difficult for yourself.
There are any number of posts on this subject in this area. You might also want to read what I experienced setting up a new tank, and especially my contents near the end of page 2.