10 Gallon...

Tomas

Medium Fish
Jan 1, 2006
How many zebra danios could I put in a 10 gallon and would they get along with a beta>

~Chaz

dax

Small Fish
Mar 27, 2006
Canada
I dont put anything with my bettas as the will kill anything I put with them but I guess it depends on the personality of the fish. You could try putting your betta in the tank and if he chases others take him out right away.

As a rule of thumb allow 1 inch of fish per gallon of water. So id say 10-11 by themselves and less if the betta will tolerate the other fish.

Last edited:

tessalion

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
PA
I don't know if they'll get along or not but IME the zebras will be better off if you have at least a group of four of them or at least four danios, my zebras school with my golds.

Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
they will still nip at the tail.
maybe you should look at some other fish in the profiles here to see what you like and then ask. The main fin nippers i no are tiger barbs black widow tetras, zebra danios and serpae tetras.

homebunnyj

Superstar Fish
Jul 13, 2005
Western NC
What do you think of harlequin rasboras?
My betta totally ignores them. Their fins are quite small, maybe that's why, who knows. They're a lovely raspberry color, with a striking black triangle on the back half of their body.
Putting in plants-- fake or real-- helps too, I think... out of sight, out of mind, I guess.
Some bettas will tolerate no tankmates whatsoever, so it does depend on the temperament of your particular betta.

'-JIN-'

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2006
Penang,Malaysia
wat JWright said was right,if ur zebra didnt nip ur betta fin,ur betta will attack them if u since u r nt plantin ur tanks.Zebra danios wont get well with long fin tank mates.if u like fish like betta try black phantom,they can flare.I have 4 black phantom they quite tolerate to everything,juz they like to bully when feeding time.N i dun think zebra will nip their tails they like to chase around sometimes.or u can go for tetras...

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
I think you need to do a wee bit of your homework yourself. ;)

IMO danios will ~fit~ a 10 gallon but don't belong there and certainly not with a betta -- their requirements are different and their temperaments usually clash like the devil.

If you want a betta with something else in a 10, you'll need to consider smaller tetras, rasboras and a few, more peaceful barbs without flowy fins as tankmates. Also, you can consider a couple types of cats (smaller corydoras, ottos, and such)