10g Stocking(Again)

Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, everthing fell through with the 10g. If you don't know already, I tore down the tank and started over(Green Water, nothing worked. Tryed chemicals, blackout, reduced light, fert modifications,)
As the death of a neon last night, my current fish are 2 Neons, 1 Oto, and 1 mystery snail. The oto and mystery snail are in the 1g, and the 2 neons are in my brothers 30g. I am going to get 4 more neons, another oto, then the most colorful and extravegant male guppy I can find. Yes I will go all out to get the :cool: coolest:cool: one. Then I will get 3 ghosties to test the water to see if shrimp will live. Then I will get cherries:) So here it is:
1 Male Guppy
6 Neons
2 Otos
Cherry Shrimp
What do you think?

Smalltank

Feb 10, 2006
Bay Area, CA
Your water sounds really bad. I'm sorry about the fish, it is just unfortunate that the water sucks...

Have you tried getting RO water or Distilled water? How bout (if you have the money) getting one of those RO units?
I'm sure there are many factors that caused your tank to fall.

Here's what I would do with the stocking. Get some media from your brother's 30G. Don't test with the ghost shrimp, but rather use a testing kit. When everything checks out, put the neons back in. I think you can actually push the number of neons to 8 (but that's just me).
You can get the cherry shrimp if you like, but I would focus on making the tank more beautiful instead of adding more live stock. It seems to me that you have quite the variety of plants and a high WPG. Make the tank lush with green. That'll blow everyone away.

As always, good luck and keep us posted.