10gallon tank

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Bettas all have different tempraments, you have to put fish with them that will stay out of their way. I think if it was my tank I'd get a group of corydoras for the bottom...and they'd get along well with your apple snail and a betta.

Nov 13, 2004
Visit site
danios are a nice idea...they are very active. i had a betta and it always tried to chase the danio and the danio would always bug him and mimik him, lol its funny.

in my 10 gallon i had 3 albino cory cats, 2 danio, 2 SAE, and one female betta. kinda overstocked, but it was running great.

hazee

Medium Fish
Jun 29, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My male betta has been with neons, cory's and flying foxes since i got him. They more or less ignore each other. He was even okay with a couple of female bettas for about 6mos then suddenly started chasing them 24/7 instead of every few days to weeks.

Nov 13, 2004
Visit site
hehehe its cause u got a big tank that he didnt bother the neons much...i think in smaller tanks they will kill.

i remember i put mine in with my community....and he was the last one in, and he was scared, so i took him out and put him in his own tank.

Dec 8, 2004
Visit site
honestly i think it depends on the betta that you get/have. my friend had enough luck that she had two males in a ten gallon, and their fins were never touched. (i'm not quite sure HOW she managed to find that out- please dont try) in other cases, i've heard of bettas that are so intolerant that they even attack mystery snails. so... try figuring out the personality of your betta...? :confused: