12 gallon tank

May 8, 2011
hi guy i posted that i was going to get a 40 gallon tank but i have decided to go with a much smaller 12 gallon tank it is up and running it has a rock formation, fake log and a fake plant in it. my question is what fish should i get for my tank to be a happy community tank and thanks for your help

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
My suggestion is to go to your LFS and see what they have that you like - and can afford. Don't buy anything at that visit. Come home ahd check with the AqAdvisor and then post what you are thinking about doing and you will get some of our opinions. You need to cycle the tank and get a test kit for at least Ammonia, nitrite and Nitrate.

May 30, 2011
I agree with Thyra. I made a couple trips to my local pet store and did some pricing, saw which ones I liked an then came back and did some research if they could co-exist etc. But you also gotta let the tank cycle I think its a minimum of 2-3 days( cant remember the exact time ). Someone could correct me on that. So just do a trip to your local petstore. Do some pricing, figure out what ya like and come back and do some research on the fish that you have choosen and then get some fish.

ps

as far as the tank cycling I honestly dont know if you just set it up or have had it cycling for a while lol. Ya didnt post if you just did or have had it set up for whole.