1st fish

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
*DRUMMER*
Just got back from the lfs with a nice lookin 6line today .. Never had one before and really don't know much about them besides they eat pods and bristle worms lol.. At the store it was very active and swimming all over the place hopefully he will be the same in my tank! When i had my 150 set up i had a bunch of fish that you never seen or didn't swim that much so in this tank i want some active fish in there! Anyone have any 6lines out there wanna tell me bout yours?

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Hey nice! I love 6-lines. I just got a 4-line wrasse, very similar fish. So far for just having it for a day its awesome. Always hunting pods or worms, always moving and you can tell the fish is actually working things out in its head. Very curious fish.

Agreed with TRe though.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
They said at the store that they weren't to agressive tho like about as much as a clown.. The last clowns i had in my old tank were nice to the other fish.. oh well if its a bully i can just move stuff around no biggie i guess.. its almost time to release it in the tank so ill try and get a pic

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Though generally peaceful, the Six Line Wrasse may act aggressively towards peaceful Wrasses and other easily-intimidated fish, especially if inadequately fed or if its habitat is void of places in which it can hide.
its a good idea to sit down and plan out your stocking list that way u could plan accordingly and add from least aggresive to most aggresive ;) .... i love my sixline tho, very cool fish

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
its nice to have a plan but if i see a fish for cheap and its farther down on my list i don't care im going to get it anyways lol! It has many places to hide in my tank also so hopefully that will help.. Are they shy when added i haven't seen him yet .. I know its only been about 30 min. lol

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
six lines are nice active fish and always swimming out in the open as they are not afraid of anything.......the down side to that is they don't like to many additions especially anyone who looks like them, ie other wrasses.....and will bully them to the point of death. I have had a 6 line for about 3 years now and he rules the roost. He is really only aggressive to other wrasses that I have tried to introduce otherwise he pretty much leaves the others alone.....read pretty much, if someone crosses him he will take up the fight in an instance. He is personality plus. Also, make sure you have a cover, wrasses like to jump.....

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Thanks Lorna.. I have a canopy on my tank so im not to worried about him jumping.. Also dont plan on getting any other wrases.. I think for the rest of my stocking will be 2 clowns (percs) Firefish, maybe a cardinal pair and don't jump on me but possibaly a small yellow tang, i know they grow large and are recomended a 75 or larger.. what ya think about those together?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Probably okay.....except of course the yellow tang.....I have one in my 75 and he is pretty aggressive due to the small space I think....but he is fat and happy and has been in there for 3 years.