2.5 gallon betta tank

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
hi,
i dont think i have ever posted in this section before, anyways i abandoned my idea to make my 2.5 gallon a nano reef. and it is a fw right now with 2 amano shrimp in it and water spright, dwarf hair grass(just six blades), and some elodea(spelling?) it has 5 watts of light over it and a filter i originaly got with the ten gallon(not the best flow but will do).

I am hopping to find a short finned male betta at petsmart were they keep the females, would this be a good set up for a betta?

forget the filter...even the weeny filter that comes with the 2.5g mini-bow kit can overpower a betta...a filter for a 10g will squash your betta to the bottom and keep him there...he'll HATE it. You'd be better off leaving OUT the filter and just doing 50% water changes weekly and then 100% every couple months or so...if you keep and eye on your ammonia levels, you'll prob be fine without the filter, especially with live plants.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
i got a crown tail and the filter is so worn out that it isnt that strong. he also likes to fight with it. he likes showing of his fins and shivering his boddy.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I've got a 10g filter on my 2.5g betta tank also... also a worn out one. I keep a hunk of sponge stuck down the intake so nothing like frog legs or betta fins can get sucked up, and a sponge on the output so that there isn't much current. Plus, they get used to a little current once they've had some time with room and heat to get their muscles working again.