2 new female bettas

sapphire

Medium Fish
Aug 3, 2005
mississippi
I "rescued" two female bettas today from Walmart. They are beautiful. I have put them in a filtered, heated, 5 gallon tank but was wondering if in time I can add them to the 46 gallon bowfront with my platies?? I was so thrilled as I have never seen female bettas for sale!

R0UNDEYEZ

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Its odd to me that around here wallmart is the only place that I have consistently seen female bettas.. Even my LFS only has them on ocasion.
I no expert photographer, but I find the best results for me are with no flash and just the light from your tank.Its a little harder sometimes since the shutter stays open longer than it does with the flash, but I prefer the colors you can capture alot better to how washed out and bland they will look with the flash on.
Good luck!

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
They should do okay in the 46. They might eat platy fry, but then again so will mommy/daddy platies. Keep in mind that in a 5g they may fight with each other (they are still territorial), but once in the 46 they will probably have enough space to stay out of each other's way.

sapphire

Medium Fish
Aug 3, 2005
mississippi
thanks for the information......I will experiment with pictures. As soon as I feel they are healthy I will be transferring to the 46 gallon. I can't believe I bought 2 that are identical! Wasn't watching what I was doing but they are so pretty. Light pink bodies with rosey mauve tails.