20 Gal reef in progress

stagger19

Small Fish
Apr 23, 2005
I have a coral life Quad 96 watt 50/50 on there now, and I also have a coral life dual 65Watt 50/50 (135Watt total) with moon lights brand new in the box that I may use instead, if the 96 watts isnt enough?
Not sure how many watts I should go with for a 20 gallon?

For the Rock, I have about 25 Lbs of Drs. Foster & Smith Select Fiji Premium Live Rock which really does come with a good amount of coraline algea. It took about 1 week to get the awfull sewer smell gone (I did cure it in the house in rubbermaid containers that pretty much kept the smell in) and about 2 to 3 weeks total till the ammo, and nitrites dropped to zero at 80 deg.

I also have Remora-c protein skimmer with Maxijet 1200PH, and skimmer box but I didnt hook it up yet

I plan to keep mainly blue leg hermits, maybe a few Red legs as well, a few snails, and a shrimp for the inverts.

For coral, I think I will start with Button Polyps as they seem to be a good starter. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=670

For fish, Id like to have a pair of clowns, and maybe a Clown Goby (Citrinis), or a firefish.

Last edited: