20 some pics BEWARE!

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Heres some shots of my tank and corals the 1st batch will be actual colors the 2nd will be under actinics (sp) Let me know what ya think and enjoy! *twirlysmi

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Thanks for the kind words guys! now i just wish they would grow faster lol! The 1 colony of pink zoas i have are growin like crazy.. i gtg some frag plugs or something in there so they can start to grow on.. I heard you could use ceramic tile also might try that?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Looks nice :)

It does look like the mushroom that's on the rock with your palys is getting stung.

Most people prefer frags on pieces of LR. If you have some laying around, that would be good. I've used shells (from craft store/Wal-Mart) for frags, too. Frag discs/plugs aren't that expensive.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Why do you say its getting stung? Is it showing signs? The big leather that you seen in another pic was there and it got crushed by a rock so i just detached it and the new 1 started to grow there lol.. I don't have anyroom in my tank for more rock.. i do have alot of base rock maybe i could find a small piece and break it up.. Theres no places around here that sell saltwater stuff its all like 100 miles round trip or more thats why i was asking about the tile..

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
The edges on the mushroom are pale and uneven looking, which is a sign of chemical warfare.

Yes, you can just take a hammer to a piece of base rock to make some rubble for frags. Most reefers really prefer frags on pieces of rubble, as they're much easier to move and easier to incorporate in the aquascape. Check out the Coral Propagation forum on RC for lots of other DIY ideas for frag mounting stuff.