$200 firefish!!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i was at the lfs today getting sw and see this firefish that says $199 on the tank:eek: he was pink and yellow when i go back tommorow ill try n get a pic but dam i couldnt belive this just thought id share

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
not saying i would evr buy one of those i actualy cant belive any would spend that kinda $$ on a firefish i mean it doesnt look much nicer than the purple ones for the price anyways

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Prices like that now send off alarm bells in my mind, as I wonder how rare they are. If they're that rare, perhaps they should stay in the ocean. There are plenty of pretty firefishes out there at a lower price that are apparently more abundant.

Oct 18, 2006
Oceanside California
Let me know who in MFT has one of these fish i will come to their house and slap them silly.

That is too much to spend on a fish. Granted fish are great hobby but why on this earth spend that money to put a fish in a tank and let him live his days out there hoping that you don't get a spread of some disease that will kill off a 300 dollar fish. No thanks... stick to the cheap fish If you have that type of money to throw at a fish... please be my best friend i promise...lol

Nice fish though but wow i could only imagine the arguments me and my wife would have...lol

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
Ha, you guys think these things are expensive, check out the dragon eels. Ive seen them at most LFS out here and thry run about 700-1000 dollars a piece.

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
Rarity has nothing to do with it, deep water does. How much does a rebreather cost (1000's USD), and how many people in the indo pac can actually use one?