20g filtration

RISK2123

Medium Fish
Aug 29, 2006
L.A. Cali
what do u mean? ur looking for a good deal on them or ur looking for suggestions on what type to get? u already have alot of tanks so im assuming ur looking for good price. all i can say is ebay. u can find some good stuff on there for cheap. i only buy from powersellers, just makes me feel a little safer.

s_anthony

Large Fish
Aug 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm partial to marineland products - but I've heard stories that not everyone has had luck with them. You could also then refer to my recent post about my "almost fire" issue with my new marineland bio-filter :(

nealio

Large Fish
Aug 23, 2006
I used a penguin 100 (up to 20g) made by marineland and I love it.

Ruffly $30 at a LFS but I'm sure you can find it online cheaper.

RISK2123

Medium Fish
Aug 29, 2006
L.A. Cali
depends what kind of fish also. some dont like a strong current while others love to swim through one all day. in general i would go with a penguin 150. im pretty sure thats the one for 30 gallons. better to have more filtration than not enough!! i notice with pretty much all HOB filters that the water flow decreased by a little bit after some time. even after its cleaned really well and a new filter is put in the water never flows as nice as those first couple months. anyways, thats the reason i always overfilter my tanks.

Aug 4, 2006
Alabama
I agree...depends on what fish you will keep and personal preference too.

I personally like Aquaclear HOB filters. I think an AC30 or AC50 would be good, depending on what fish you will have. The flow is adjustable, so I think as long as you don't have any fish that just hate current, an Aquaclear 50 would be fine.

Or you could go with the suggestions above...totally depends on what you like. I've heard Bio-wheel filters are noisy, but I've never had one, so I can't say that for sure. I'd look at all the ones mentioned and see which one is cheaper...especially if you are wanting a good deal. All brands mentioned are good ones!