24gallon nano cube deluxe questions

discus4everGrl

Superstar Fish
May 24, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
I found a 24gallon nano reef cube on line for a good deal. It claims to be all inclusive. My questions are...

The deluxe has 72 watts of light built into the lid. Is this enough? The non deluxe only has 36 watts. Are there any low light corals - like the soft ones. What about anenomes?

These nano cube units do not come with a protein skimmer - is that going to be a problem in a small tank?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
most people do not use a skimmer on the nano cubes; as long as you keep up with water changes it won't be a problem. the lighting in the deluxe should be enough for soft corals and LPS; it will not be enough for an anemone...but anemones do not belong in nanos so there ya go

if you do go this way give us a little review to read...i am considering getting a 24g nano DX for my classroom

JustinP

Medium Fish
Jun 8, 2005
Those look really cool. A LFS has a few set up in the shop, one of them has a beautiful seahorse only mini-reef and it's sweet. Seems like you have to be extra careful maintenance-wise with those due to the small water volume + corals.