¿$29g Price Question$?

Oct 19, 2006
Southern, CA
ok so i went to my LFS today and i saw a 29g setup...it was set up for SW but she said that would be 175$ but i dont want a SW so she said she would set it up as a FW and that would be 110$ it would come with the filter(dont know what kind), a heater,hood, and the light....so i need to know if this is a good deal because i dont know if its a good filter or any of the brands of any of the stuff so i need some help!!!! i dont know what to do cuz my mom said i could get a tank finally yay!!!!! but i need to do my reseach on prices and stuff of this tank set up to see if its a good deal so pleez help?!?!?!?!
any advice/opinions muchly appreciated!!!!!
thx JJ

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
It just sounds like a 29G started kit, If you do not care what you are getting as equipment then try way-mart. If you can find out what kind of filter and heater is included. I think I paid $120 for mine. Remember you will still need gravel. When I bought mine I forgot to buy it. Depending on what you want to do with the tank you might price buying everything seperate It will cost more but you will get what you want. It might be cheaper to buy just the tank and hood at the LFS then buy a good filter and Heater from Big Als's Online. I would shop around. Have you checked craigslist latley?

MAHA

Oct 19, 2006
Southern, CA
um not lately but isnt all that stuff on craigslist pick-up only? and ya i know i have to buy all the gravel and decor seperately thats why i asked if it was a good idea to get this package or just keep lookin....IDK im just kinda confused cuz my mom finally said that it was ok so i got all excited cuz i already knew about the 29g deal at my LFS so i went down there to check it out but then i learned all the deatails sooo i just need some good advice i guess......
JJ

Oct 18, 2006
Oceanside California
i bought my 29g off craigslist from someone. It was old but holds water and no scratches or defects. Came with stand, tank, filter, heater, airpump for 50 dollars. The airpump was broke and the filter didn't have the sponge thing. I replaced filter for 39 dollars from petsmart with biowheel filter, and i replaced air pump for 20 dollars. so it cost me a total of 110 for everything in the long run, but i got exactly what i wanted not was was included with package. I would check local craigslist or other sources first to see if you can save any money.

Oct 19, 2006
Southern, CA
well.....i just checked craigslist and nothing i even checked place 2-3 hours away and if there was something it was waay to much and i cant get someone to drive me 2-3 hours to get a fish tank.....so i guess im gonna keep checkin prces and comparing info so thanks for the help guys and still any more advice/opinions are still waelcome
thanks
JJ

mattistat

Large Fish
Sep 9, 2006
Sothern California
ill try cathin you lol!!! but i got my tank, stand and hood for 180 and my entire setup for 300. but that tank dosn't havea stand that your looking at and i dont think thats a good filter on it too. and you going for all weekend?

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Do some research to figure out exactly what you want for your fish tank. Most of the starter kits are fine to start out with. Make sure the kits comes with a lid, light, heater, filter, filter media, and any other extras. Don't forget a sturdy stand for it. Water weighs a LOT. About 8 lbs per gallon, so if you have 29 gallons, that is about 232 pounds of water alone, not including rocks/decorations/fish/equipment. Make absolutly sure that any table you put it on is strong enough to support all of that weight evenly. $110 doesn't sound like a bad deal, check walmart too for pricing, just about all the starterkits include the same stuff, so it's worth it to look around for the best price.

Oct 19, 2006
Southern, CA
well im pretty sure this buffet thing is gonna hold it cuz this thing is huge!!! and i want a filter that will work for a looong time and not break a month or so after i get it.....and imnot really sure whay kinda heater to get (imnot familiar with the brands) but for a while im gonna put a bunch of danios and prolly neon tetras in it till i get ready to gat more advanced fish like cichlids....and im still lookin for good deals theres one more LFS but i cant get over there til next week sometime cuz im leavin 2morrow to go mx riding.... so all the research i do tonight is gonna be it for a while i guess....