29gal community tank,fish selection?

sweetpickles7

Superstar Fish
Feb 13, 2007
Central Illinois
Ok i just got ride of my five bar cichlid and was wanting to make my tank into a community tank.So heres my ideas:2 black tetras,4 bloodfins, 5glowlights, 1oto, 2 swordtails, 3 ghost shrimp.I already have the oto and ghost shrimp in right now i just want to add more fish.Would that be an over crowded tank?if so let me know.Thanks!

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
That would work. You might actually think about swapping one of the schools for some kind of bottom dweller, though (don't have to, but it would spread out the fish in your tank some... give you more variety in activity).

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
are these blkack skirt tetras or black neon tetras?

and i think you should just get one nice school of tetras, then some centerpiece fish, some corys would be good, then maybe some dither fish, and a couple otos when you start getting algae

sweetpickles7

Superstar Fish
Feb 13, 2007
Central Illinois
Ok,ya i have to decided to go with one large school of black skirt tetras.Is there any type of cichlid that is none aggressive and would go with tetras.Like kribs or what about a small school of tiger barbs?Thanks for the help,good thing i have almost a week to decide!

sweetpickles7

Superstar Fish
Feb 13, 2007
Central Illinois
Ya but with the other tiger barbs the aggression will lower and i have heard that black skirts can also be a little nippy so i think they might be able to protect themselves.Plus the tetra group will be big so wont the barbs stay away.Well what about kribs i like them better anyways.Or could i just get another big group of glowlights since they arent big anyways?