30g tank cycle?

Mar 7, 2008
LI, New York
What would be a general cycle time with 4 gold barbs and 6 serpea tetra's in a 30g tank. The levels in the tank are unchanged for the last 3 or 4 times i have tested them. It almost seems like the tank has not done much since i started the tank 6 weeks ago. I am anxious to add more fish but weiry that they might die because the tank is not done cycling yet, all levels are unchanged since the beginning. Any and All help would be greatly appreciated!

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
Minimum 2 months.

Just keep testing for Nitrates.
I know it sucks (we all do) but you're best off waiting till it's done before adding more fish.

Last edited:

djbids

Medium Fish
Feb 2, 2008
Cayucos Beach, California
Yep. Mine took 9 weeks almost to the day. I cycled with 8 danios. Its a long, long wait but come to this website often and they will give you all the support you need. I just added more fish two days ago and they are very happy as I am finally. It took forever to get nitrites but when i did it was fast and within a few days i had nitrates. I also added cycle and stress zyme almost at the end and don't know if that helped it out or not. Just keep testing the water and keep everything running smooth.