3g stocking

Feb 23, 2009
York, UK
hi team! :) Can anyone think of a fish/aquatic entity that would be happy in a 3 gallon tank with an amano shrimp? There's quite a bit of plant cover in there, but Biscuit (the shrimp- she was originally in with two fish called Twining and Lipton, but I digress...) looks a little lonely in there so I thought I'd check in here for a bit of inspiration *GOLDFISH*

Denther

Large Fish
Feb 26, 2011
USA
This is probably a predictable answer but a betta fish. I don't think much else can fit there but I am an utter newbie so take the advice of the more experienced. Or you could get more shrimp.

achase

Large Fish
Feb 1, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
There isn't really any fish that should be kept in a 3 gallon. Many people recommend 5 gallons minimum for a betta, while others disagree. Personally I'm with the more is better crowd.

I doubt your shrimp is lonely but I would suggest either getting another shrimp or possibly a cool snail. There are some really funky looking snails, for example nerites.

Denther

Large Fish
Feb 26, 2011
USA
Obviously bigger is better but my Betta is very happy in his 2.5 gallon with a filter and heater. Just change about 30% of the water every week and you should be good. Do you have a filter and heater?

achase

Large Fish
Feb 1, 2010
British Columbia, Canada
Depending on the personality of the betta your shrimp could be consider food or a chew toy or not. Having a small tank may also effect the betta to shrimp relationship negatively. I would just get another shrimp or upgrade the tank to something bigger!