3RD spawn

infant340

Large Fish
Aug 13, 2003
the mitten state
Visit site
well my third spanw just ended about 30 min ago. yay but i didnt get to see it bcuz i was at church..oh poo
ok well im planning on trying the leave the father in method so if anyone here has tried it any tips would be help ful
oh and lil problem the female took a bunch of eggs and made her own lil nest in a java moss...

infant340

Large Fish
Aug 13, 2003
the mitten state
Visit site
yay when i came home from school today i saw frys. ok so when they get freeswimmihg i plan on using boiled egg yolk for 2 days so i can make sure my microworms cultures are going to make it. i dont bother using BBS too much hassles for me...lol
so good plan? wat do u do mcshell?

mcshell

Large Fish
Jul 23, 2003
Vancouver BC Canada
Visit site
i use microworms also.
in my experience, the fry may not eat in the first 2 days. so you may be able to get the micoworms cultures going. you may want to have 2 or more cultures going at the same time to ensure the fry has stuffs to eat :)

i don't hatch my own bbs (too much hassle as you said :)). sometimes i got bbs from lfs for $1 for a big bag. i'll feed them 3-4 times a day, and freeze the rest. when they're small, they won't eat the frozen food. but when they get bigger (~3-4 weeks), they'll take the frozen bbs.

cheers!

Mar 11, 2003
Just make sure they're getting all the nutrients that they need to grow (BBS is great for this, so I would suggest using it even though its a hassle). Otherwise you might end up with some dwarfed bettas like a few of mine turned out last year. I still have the little guys (who are just about a year old now) and they are TINY, like they are stuck in 3 week old betta bodies but are completely mature looking. Weird!

Alexa