50g tank ideas?

valdok

Large Fish
Jul 1, 2003
Chicago, Illinois
val.textdrive.com
i was originally going to get this 55 gallon long tank for freshwater, but had a change in mind. i had had a 30 gallon reef tank once before, and loved it but had to get rid of it due to no space/money. fortunately i'm going to start up again, but this time take more of a fish only route. i'm going to aim for clownfish. i know they're terriotorial and all [like most saltwater fish] but how many could i get in a fully established tank? i've never really had inverts in a tank either, and i'm curious to add some once the tank is established. could you recommend any easy inverts?

dgodwin

Large Fish
Dec 2, 2002
Buffalo, NY
www.dgodwin.com
For the most part, two clownfish is all a tank can handle. Once 2 pair up, they usually kill, or at least harass and stress out the other clownfish. As far as the bagged live sand, you'd be better off either getting live sand from other people who have reef and sw tanks. There's a reef club in chicagoland. Here's their website. www.cmas.net You could probably ask for a cup or two of their sand to seed yours. They also have a forum on reefcentral.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=180
Hope this helps.

Daniel

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
as for that live sand...i have heard good things about it (if this is the manufactured one) word is the variety of creatures is kinda limited but it is full of em if you decide to go that way lemme know cause im thinking about it myself...if i beat you to it ill post

Kevin