55 Gallon Pics

Viciente

Large Fish
Nov 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Lots of hidey places... It's nice...
I personally don't like the gravel, though I like natural looking substrates. Personal choice though. The rest of the setup I like...

Isn't diversity wonderful? :D

Aug 23, 2005
bellaire, ohio
i got the gravel for free, and i did want black, and there was a 5 gallon bucket full of it but it had the colored spread out through it. so i saved the money and used what i got for free. after i took these pics my kid decided the tank needed something extra so he thru in a box of rocks i had and a small bag of first bites fry food, a digital thermometer, and the plastic holder for the thermometer. then for the grand finale, he unplugged the power strip and cut off the heat and filter. considering building around the tank and turning it into a headboard for our bed. although having an oscar look at your while being intimate might be disturbing....

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
LOL bigdaddy!! Never thought bout that, and having 9 tanks of gups in the bedroom..geez, I need to hide this thread from the Mrs!!

Ya the color gravel does clash a bit...but hey you can't beat free. I once spent 5 hrs picking blue gravel out of 40 pounds of echo-complete. The Mrs thought it would add color to the tank. Ugh! I still couldn't get all of it.

Overall a very nicely laid out tank. I really like the rockwork.

Aug 23, 2005
bellaire, ohio
well, fortunately, he's a hungry fellow, he ate most of it. i did a big water change, picked out all the rocks. i thought about picking all the colored rocks out but i cant bring myself to do it. i want to get a 90 and get a sand substrate turn this into a colorful cichlid tank or something.

Jan 13, 2006
I found out that I have the platinum lyretail molly, head and tail light tetra assorted swordtail, albino cherry barbs and assorted platty. That sound about right the store associate had $$$$ on his mind. i am happy to get the info that i am getting here. I had no glue that fishes that small give birth instead of laying eggs. Keep the great info coming .