75 Gal. Filtration Info.

Bognare

New Fish
Jan 19, 2006
Hi guys and girls i just bought a 75 Gal. aquarium that has a set-up for saltwater, so if you are standing in front of it, it has an overflow on the right back corner my :confused: ? is . What kind of filtration can i put on it, i heard about fluval 404 but would this be good and anough for my 75 gal. i will have cichlids so i know they can be very messy so i need a good filtration any answers are very welcome and thanks to all of you. ;)

Bognare

New Fish
Jan 19, 2006
Great info but i'm conf.

Ok. this is great info but i'm still trying to learn, so for the sump wet/dry system can i use my 10 Gal. tank? and besides that i need to buy a cannister like the Rena XP3? and besides those 2 things, i need to get an HOB like the emperor 400 wich is the one hanging on the top back filtrating water, is this right? " This is for freshwater right"

So this would be 3 things i need to get to have my 75 Gal. running in good condition? and what do you guys think about a undergravel filter? do they work ok? and with all of this things should i put a powerhead..... Thanks.*BOUNCINGS

Sep 8, 2005
I would nix the under gravel filter. A rena filstar xp3 and aqua clear 110 would be more than enough filtration. I have found under gravel filters to be a PITA and not worth the aggravation. They just don't work.