A betta furture

fishface

Large Fish
Jun 22, 2003
England - Sheffield
www.myfishtank.net
hey ppl my b day is coming up 11th november ill be 14 and i hoping to get... a betta! i guessing the tank or bowl will be 1-2 gallons or so, so im not going to have any tank mates with him the tank/bowl i wont need a heater if i keep it at room temp will i? and i have an old filter should i use this or just clean it like a goldfish (moved betta to a box or something stir up rubbish from gravel into the water pour it out put new water in) or just vac the gravel?

T/A

Large Fish
Aug 7, 2003
Pennsylvania
www.myspace.com
I also don't have a heater on my 2 gallon. But with the temperature outside dropping I have noticed that my tank's temp is also slowly lowering. I am first going to try a little heater for my room and hopefully that will do the trick.

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Try to keep the tank temp above 72F. Any lower and the betta will be more susceptable to diseases like fungus.

Don't put a heater in a 2gal, they do not regulate well enough and will likely overheat and kill a betta.

Locust

Small Fish
Sep 29, 2003
Redmond, Wa
Visit site
For a 2 gallon tank I'm not sure that a filter would be worthwhile. I'd probably put in some gravel and maybe a plant (A low light plant like anubias or java fern attached to drift wood or a rock would look could and be easy to take out for cleaning), and then do a water change no less then once a week.

http://www.bettatalk.com is a good place to look for Betta info. This link (http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_care.htm) is the care guide.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2003
Southern Oregon
Visit site
I HAVE TO BETTAS I LOVE THEM THERE SO WEIRD 1 OF MINE ALWAYS BURRYS HIMSELF UNDER THE PLASTIC PICES I USE INTSEAD OF GRAVEL. AND HE WILL FLOAT ON HIS SIDE LIKE HIS DEAD FOR HOUSE, BUT I HAVE HAD HIM OVER A YEAR NOW AND HE HAS ALWAYS DONE THIS. BUT TO ANSWER UR Q. NO FILTER UNLESS UR PUTTING IN OTHER FISH AND NO HEATER. JUST KEEP TEMP ABOVE 72 AND TRY TO KEEP ROOM TEMP FROM GETTING TO HOT. REMEMBER BETTS BREATH AIR AND THEY CAN JUMP. SO IF THERES NO LID KEEP WATER LEVEL DOWN. HOPE THIS HELPS. IF YOU HAVE TIME CHECK OUT WWW.BETTATALK.COM.