A couple of questions.

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
OK I just did a water change in the 5 gallon. Needless to say I found my loach. And yes I lost it again but at least I know its still alive. Ok one of my shrimp is pregnant. I have had her for about 2 weeks now. When I got her her eggs where a real dark green color. When I looked at her just now I noticed that they are a lighter color almost see through. Does that mean she is about to drop her eggs? I was also wondering would now be a good time to take her out of thet ank and put her in the fish bowl I have? I noticed that they eat their own seeing how one was eating a fellow shrimp tank mate. I guess it died in there somehow. Im guessing they will eat their own babies as well also? If I seperate her because yes I do want to try and keep the babies. Should I put some moss in the bowl for them to hang on? What kind of food do they eat? I read that they are almost microscopic when they are born though. Is it instant after the eggs come out or is there a time period. I read it is hard to keep them but I wanted to give it a shot. O and can I take tank water and put that in the bowl? Or should I put fresh water in there?

Thanks for your help..