A few new corals

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
We went to the Southwestern Coral Farmers Market on Saturday. Here are a few additions:

Zoas, paid less than $15 for both, so we'll see what they turn out like.

Some really bright green zoas

Mushroom rock with some blue/red and some red shrooms:

Pulsing xenia (it was like $2, so we'll see what happens):

A really nice yellow/green leather:

We also picked up some of those tiny blue clove polyps, but they're just too small to photograph in the tank :)

Sorry for the algae on the glass, we didn't do maintenance last weekend.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
very nice!! i got alot of really similar frags in my tank.... recently i got a little piece of xenia just like that and actually got it to grow on my overflows (since i wouldnt want it anywhere else in my tank ;) )... next weekend is my local reef clubs semi annual frag swap and i cant wait to pick up some new sps .... btw nice bubble algae in that last pic :p j/k

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Thanks :) I just realized the blue clove polyps are in the picture with the bright green zoas. They're such tiny little things!

We're working on the bubble algae. It's just a long process :( We now have five emerald crabs, but I'm not convinced they really eat it.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
when i had bubble algae last year i got 1 and he ate it all up within a week! now after the bubble algae was gone he moved right on to the gsp lol needless to say he got evicted shortly after that

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Yep, you gotta keep an eye on your local forums at RC. We went to a similar event last summer, and will probably go to some more this year, if we have the time.

I think we spent a total of about $170. Not too bad for seven corals. Of course, there was stuff going for $200 for a 1" frag, but I stay away from those.