a few new things.....

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
just picked up a few new frags that are being drip acclimated right now so ill snap a few pics a little later.... i got a blue mille, idaho grape monti, bali aquaculter acro, and another bright green acro..... hopefully later today i picking up a blue jaw trigger from another local reefer ;)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea it was pretty busy lol the wife had me up @ 5am to get in line at macy's to get her this 2ct diamond braclett for only $100 not too bad considering this will be her christmas present and in return im getting a mystery wrasse :p i was suposed to get a blue jaw trigger from a local reefer but an lfs not too far from here had a 15% off all fish sale for black friday and there blue jaws were only $45 before the sale so i jumped on it! btw all the frags came from a local reefer who basically gave me everything i got from him cause everything i bought from him in the past died when my tank crashed a few months back ;) everything is in the tank but id like to wait till the polyps start to come out before taking pics.... oh yea i also got some hamilton 14k bulbs but i think ima stick with the xm 10k's for now cause everything is looking so happy (if it aint broke dont fix it!)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea it was definitly crazy! i was like the only guy and it was a bunch of ladies runnin around lol fortunatly i knew exactly what i was there to get and got it and went the hell home and back to sleep! :p i just kept tellin myself i was in line for the mystery wrasse im getting in return ;)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
lmao...too funny....I would love a mystery wrasse or a hawaiian flame wrasse, the proble is my 6 line won't let another wrasse in the tank. Oh and yes my foxface or bicolor is the culprit....unless what I saw was him eating the mucous off the corals....but I put a nice piece of superman monti in and within a day all the polyps were closed up and it looked as if someone was grazing.....put it in the 29g and it is fine.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea ill prolly capture my sixline before getting the mystery although theres a few members in my club that sucessfully keep both
btw i havnt forgot about the pics lol!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok finally got around to taking some pics :p

first one is of a idaho grape frag i got (front right)

this one is an unknown bright green acro sp.

heres a blue mille

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
this one is my favorite its a bali aquaculter acro

heres my new male blue jaw trigger! lol my purple tang kinda roughed him up a little to show him who's boss so he's been hiding here (when he comes outa hiding ill get a better pic)

and i added a modded maxijet last week and the reason my tank looks a little cloudy is cause at first i didnt have the magnet mount and the suction cups came loose and the powerhead fell causing a major sand storm! i added the magnet mount today so now i can sleep at night :p

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
i took my maxijet mods and glued them to a cheapy mag cleaner.....works like a charm and at 1/4 the cost of the sureflow mag mounts.......a great diy......

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
the trigger finally came out! and when he did my huge hippo tang gave him a good beating with the back of her tail lol suprisingly he stayed out and i managed to snap a few pics!

a little closer up

and one of the hippo goin in for the kill lol for size comparison the trigger isnt that small!

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
nice fish. I used the 1600 on a maxijet 900. I am seriously considering doing the 2100 to a 1200 though.....They really do move a lot of water and I have them on a wavemaker which creates nice alternating flow patterns.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
yea i was at big al's the other day and was standing ther talkiing to a guy that works there and out the corner of my eye i see koralia 8 :eek: i was like OMG lol that thing puts out something like 3200 gph but its pretty big.... pricey too at $199, personally id spend the extra $100 and get a vortech! :p

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I agree.....the vortech keeps the heat out of the tank as the guts on on the outside with only the prop in the tank....a pretty nice set up if you ask me. That may just be my economic stimulus deal for 2009....save my money and get a couple vortechs.