A Few Quick Questions?

Feb 7, 2008
Hi guys, Im working on getting my 55g tank up and running for the first time in years. Last time it wasn't cleaned that great and once my fish all died it was months before I got around to cleaning out the tank at all. There is a residue around the top where the water evaporated. Not even a razor blade will clean it off. Its not too bad. If anything just gives it a cloudy look. I was thinking once I fill the tank and the water is on it, it will eventually come off...What do you think?

Im going out tonight to get a heater, some 100% amonia, a water test kit and a siphon. Am I missing anything?

I was thinking of filling the tank before I got the sand. Is this a bad idea? The place that sells the sand is not open on the weekends. I was going to grab it before work on Monday. I wanted to get black sand but already have black gravel. Maybe Ill just rinse that off and use it for now?

Finally, I was looking at my filter. I have an AQUASTOP System, Fluval 104, is that a good filter of should I look into getting a new one?

Ill post pics soon

Thanks, Nick