~~~~A FLOATING ROCK~~~~

dgodwin

Large Fish
Dec 2, 2002
Buffalo, NY
www.dgodwin.com
My guess is that it's a piece of Pumice. Pumice is an igneous rock that forms during explosive and frothy volcanic eruptions. As the rock forms, tiny holes are produced from escaping gases in the lava. These tiny holes trap gas, lower the rock's density, and allows it to float.

Aug 13, 2003
indiana
Visit site
ok ive moved it from tank to tank, ive wedged it with other rocks and it is still floating. and anyway i think its cool that it floats, no matter what the reason is. everything has a scientific reason. it doesnt make it and less interesting.

Last edited:

dgodwin

Large Fish
Dec 2, 2002
Buffalo, NY
www.dgodwin.com
No one said that because we tried to explain why it floats that it's not interesting. Your original post was, "Hey look a floating rock." Anyone not familiar with rock structure and types might ask, "Why does it float?" I just gave one theory on why your rock floats. It doesn't make it less interesting; if anything, as we understand nature, I think it makes it more interesting.

Would cost to much :(

I don't have a lot of $$ right now, i just baought a 25g for 373$ (can)

I hate the filter, 8kg of crushed coral, the hood, a power glow bulb (i think id have to check again hehe), heater, i bought a salinity thing and a "fresh water amonia kit" (mistakes do hapen lol my bf went to get it i tought he looked before and he tought I looked befor to make sure is was salt water lol)