A Mushroom Question

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
This a link to another forum I am in, the lady is selling the fish, I am interested in the hairy mushroom right below the fish. She said she thinks its a hairy mushroom, I looked on line and the only hairy mushrooms I can find are green, this one looks pink and my wife likes it. If it is pink does anyone know where I can get a few?

Mississippi Reef Club • View topic - Powder Blue needs a new home

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Definitely just a different variety of one of many things called the "hairy mushroom". I see them at the LFS fairly regularly, but if she has a bunch, I would ask her if she can just frag one for you.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I thought about asking her to frag me some but I thought it would be easier to just order some, the problem was, I looked on line and couldn't find anything but green.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
It could partially be the lighting. I have one that's a similar color, pinkish/brownish with green tips. It looks different, depending on the lighting and how expanded it is. I'd say it's a fairly common morph. For some reason, mine only grow, they've never multiplied like my other mushrooms.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
hmmm I would be all over that pbt.....that is one very nice specimen.....those hairy mushrooms are nice, but watch it as they can eat whole fish, especially clowns that think they should host in them. I have pictures of one eating a whole silverside ....