A question

S-kate

Large Fish
Oct 21, 2005
Ithaca, NY
the gold gourami would probably eat the guppies. It would definately eat their fry. Is the pleco a common? Gouramis also don't get along with bettas.

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
My pleco is not a common,i found the paper and it said clown,and i'm just wondering if their would be enough room for one.My friend has a very small one he needs to get rid of and how would something with such a small mouth eat full grown guppies o-o???It's about an inch to maybe an inch and a half in size the gold gourami is.

9 guppies-Nope
one 7 week old guppy fry and 2 two week old guppy fry-Nope
1 leopard danio-Yes/No
4 platys-Yes
1 snail-Yes/No
1 Clown Pleco-Yes
1 female betta spike and 1 male betta flare divided-DEFINITELY NOT

It will fit if you took out the Bettas. I had a Paradise Fish at about an inch eat a male guppy and one at 3" eat a female guppy. Fish can open there mouths quite much ;)

Last edited:

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
actually it depends on the fish...some are very aggressive and some very timid. its possible if you grow him up with all the little fish he wont eat them. but thats a very big wish for such a thing as a gold gourami. id say try it out.

Katome556

Large Fish
Oct 16, 2006
Russell,Kansas
double post:

Well i put the gold gourami in my 30 gal tank about an hour ago and it seems my betta and him/her get along pretty good etc for the fact that she hates his/her feelers touching her when the gourami comes over to check her out also the gourami seems to have little to no interest in the guppies/platies/danio/guppy fry and my male betta on the other side of the divider.It seems interested in touching everything with it's feelers though and it loves to touch my female betta o_O,at least thier has been no agression between anyone yet.

Oh and i have to add it won't leave the snail alone it keeps following him and feeling him non stop.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
It should do fine with a female betta, I haven't had a problem with that combo in the past. The gourami should get used to everyone pretty soon and stop "feeling" them.