A small problem, maybe

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I went to Mobile Alabsma today, bout an hour from my house to a LFS, all I bought was a Ca Profi Test kit Calcium from Salifert. I got home and was going to use the kit tonight before I did my 15g water change tommrow and the kit is missing one important piece, the little measuring spoon for the Ca-1. If anyone else uses this kind of a test kit, is it possible for you to give me some idea on how much of this powder I need to use? I have one of those tea spoon measures my wife uses in the kitchen, well, not really, I use them, the wife don't cook, I do all the cooking. It has diff. sizes from 1/4 tsp up to 1tsp.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I have that size, I looked after I posted. I kinda want to see where I am at with the calcium. I have this two part stuff that I put in the tank when I do my water changes on Sundays. It comes with this little cap that I put one cap full of each in the tank, I am sure its not enough but I don't have that much stuff in the tank, we will see.

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
Yeah you probably aren't using that much calcium. I didn't dose calcium until I started getting SPS and my tank was near 400 without ever dosing. Now I use a two part everyday and the calcium is around 450 and KH 9.