aaahhh!!!

Dadstank

Large Fish
Nov 4, 2006
Minnesota
So... I have been battling some red bubble algae in my 55G... and the LR that is still in the tank needs to be scraped clean from time to time... so I had some time tonight...
I get to the rock that has my yellow polyps/mushroom/zoo's on and start picking away around the corals... and this comes out onto my hand...i'm soooooooooo glad that I wear latex gloves!

It has about 6 whiskers sticking out from his head and the tail has same but smaller... I used a nickel for size ref.
Never seen a worm like this one. Anyone ID it?
[/IMG]

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I rebuilt my new sump/fuge on the weekend and I shook out a lot of very small bristleworms out of my cheato and in the sand from the old fuge......moved about a cup or so of the old sand into the new fuge.....I split the drain line in 2 with about 25% of the water draining into the fuge on one side and the balance into the skimmer section with the return in the middle.......so far it is working like a charm.

Dadstank

Large Fish
Nov 4, 2006
Minnesota
I'm pretty sure it's a bristle... just never seen one like that.
You're right Tre, but the small ones are the good ones... big ones can actually be bad ... I seen pics of one pulled out of the pvc piping used for rock support... was around 12' long... not sure if I can mention the web forums name that it was on...only two things that give me the "willies"... putting leaches on a hook and bigger bristle worms.... ya woulda lyao if ya saw me lol.