? about my BTA

di0nysus

Large Fish
Sep 9, 2007
sunnyside of california
since my clownfish dont play in it (is the term called host?) i decided to feed it a silverslide. thats all i had to offer so i was just wondering if anyone else feeds theres the same thing? i was thinking 2 times a month should be fine?

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
yea that's what most people feed theirs, even if the clowns do end up hosting in it you should still feed it at least half a silver side a week.. that's what i do and mine has doubled in size at least in 2 months

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Don't feed any pieces larger than about 1/4 inch to a smaller anemone, it can cause problems.

If the anemone is getting plenty of light, a couple of times a month should be OK. You can also give them a squirt of mysis, if you feed those to your fish.

It's the anemone that hosts the clownfish (not the other way around). Some people say they've taped a picture of a clown (same species as theirs) in an anemone to the tank, and the fish have then started using the anemone. I don't know if it always works, but I guess it's worth a try.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I should try that as my clownfish totally ignore both anemones in their tank....and one is about 2 inches away from the trumpet coral it hosts in...

I feed all my anemones about a half a silverside a week....with a squirt of mysis occasionally....I have had mine going on 2 years and the bta has grown from silverdollar size to about 12" across.....the ltas are now aobut 8 inches across....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
When I feed mysis to my nems I feed them a baster full into their tentacles....as the nems are very sticky theyhold on to it and pull them into their mouth

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I wouldn't feed anything that is not a natural food source. I don't know many cow eating anemones.....so no I wouldn't feed it to them. They eat fish and a silverside will provide what they need. If feeding 1/2 a silverside feed alternating ends so that it gets the nutrition from the whole fish.