Adding a Second Skunk?

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
Well its comming time to add a fish to my tank. I will be going to my lfs on Wednesday to pick up some more water containers and just give it a look around. I got to wonerding about something. I am planning on a royal gramma basslet along with two other fish in the tank (havent decided yet). What I was wondering is would a second cleaner shrimp add alot to my bioload? I want to add him before I add any of my fish so he can get settled, but will he add to the tanks waste in a significant way. I think it would be cool to have a pair of cleaners in the tank and maybe spice it up a bit. I was thinking another would be cool one because maybe they could so more cleaning and maybe Id have little cleaners running around? I dont want to add another if another will add significantly to the tanks bioload so I figured I ask.

Im planning on a royall gramma (set decision), and the other two fish are up in the air, maybe a pair of true percs still not sure though.... (just an idea incase other tank occupants matter)

Henry22

Large Fish
Oct 5, 2004
Kentucky
Visit site
umm, you prob know this but grammas can be aggressive and i plan on adding another cleaner to my 15. I have one now along with a peppermint. The fry is good food for the fish if htey spawn. As to whether it will affect your bioload, i dont know

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
Thats good news to hear you guys have multiple shrimps in your tank. I thought it would be cool to add another.

As for the gramma being aggressive, I am planning on adding the two other fish before so they can establish their territories, then add the gramma.

Henry22

Large Fish
Oct 5, 2004
Kentucky
Visit site
34 wow, but with gas prices the way they are i geuss going farther isnt an option and the price of the shrimp and gas balance each other out. How big is yours, min is about an 1.25", and eats like crazy, he took one compacted flake around and had it for an hour munching on it.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
mines body is like 2 inches but his antennas make him look bigger. I ussually just feed him one formula one large fish formula pellet, hell grab it and hold it with his hands and just munch on it until its gone ( i throw like 3 in the tank for everyone else, but I think Im gonna make it 2 from now on).

Yea the only other place I would want to go is like an hour away so thats no an option with what you said being the situation with gas.