Adding more sand

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
my guess would be to get it wet first so there isn't any dust floating around, maybe put it in a cup or bowl and put it at the bottom don't just dump it in.. other than that i really don't see how else to do it and since its allready wet it should be to cloudy

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
im thinking its guna be cloudy no matter what but i would do like jim said and use a cup or sumthing and dump it as close to the bottom as possible

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Try this....get a length of pvc pipe or tubing and stand it in the corner and pour the sand down the tube to the bottom it should eliminate alot of the clouding.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I got some Ocean Direct Caribbean Live Sand. I should be able to add this right to my tank with no worries, right? It says to add to an empty tank, but I should be able to add it? I don't want to rinse it or I would be rinsing off all the good stuff.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
but pour it down a tube. I added a bunch of live sand/sludge from Premium Aquatics curing tank to regen my live sand and I had a huge mud storm for a couple hours.....Next time I am tubing it. Even a flex hose length will work...