Adjusting Flow

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
I am trying to change around my flow, as I don't feel completely satisfied with it. Right now I have a single SEIO M820, configured in the "brick", held onto the tank by the suction cups. I don't want lots of direct flow in the back of my tank, but I want some. I have thought of just exchanging my current setup for a SEIO M1500, and then call it quits. My other option would be throwing another 820 in the tank. I don't want my flow spread out through out the tank, just a lot in the open area, and no dead spots. Does the 1500 sound okay?

Green = Protein Skimmer
Blue = SEIO
Red = Rock, only 3/4 way up tank.

Last edited:

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
personally Im a little confused by the drawing but I think I get it. The current seio is blow above the rocks and hitting the front of the glass?

Personally I think dual seio 880s would be a better option as it gives your more versatily as opposed to the blowing force of the 1500 in one spot.

I plan on doing dual 880s (sounds pretty cool ahah) on my 90 with the added sump return and think it would work well on this tank aswell.

How big is the tank?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Kevin why not go with two and use the new suregrip magnets and position them at different heights pointing at the center. When the flows hit each other they should divert towards the back and fill in those dead spots......