Advice? Help? Ehh..?

E

Ed-Luvs-Meds

Alrighty, FINALLY mother is taking into CONSIDERATION me putting up my tank. X.X;;;; This woman's rediculous! Anyways, its already been bought and such; 10 gal only, comes with everything, filter, pump, etc. But I was wondering, since I'm not really sure what to start with, and with such limited space (10 gals! I mean really... xD;;;; ) could someone give me a pretty much idea/layout thing...? Like, I dunno what kinda fish, or how many, to get... I know for certain I do want guppies. But I also like cories, zebra danios, rosie tetras(dunno much of them as of yet, just saw them in the LFS) and maybe peacock gobies..? I just need an evened out tank, ya' know? So any ideas? And also I want a planted tank, but I want pretty, and easy to care for plants.. xD;;;; But yeah. Umm... Help?

Last edited by a moderator:

homebunnyj

Superstar Fish
Jul 13, 2005
Western NC
You could also substitute guppies for tetras in the above plan. If you get males and females, you need to get at least two females for every male.
If you use the lighting that comes with the tank kit, you'll want to use low-light plants like java moss, java fern, hornwort, stuff like that.
I like danios, but they are pretty active, and seem to fit better IMO with other types of fish that are very active.

tessalion

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
PA
In my opinion danios are a tad too active for a ten, but thats just a personal thing. If you like smaller fish you could try having a schoal of maybe 6 or so pygmy cories (max size 1 in). Also ember tetras are tiny and you could put a decent sized school of them in a ten with some guppies and cories.

'-JIN-'

Large Fish
Mar 21, 2006
Penang,Malaysia
actually what type you like??Community fish(peace),semi agressive and agressive.For a small tank,peaceful tank will do best.For me stock it with

4 pygmy cories
4-6 cardinal
2 otto

or

4-6 rummynose
2 ottos
4 pygmy cories

or

6 harlequin rasboras
2 otto
4 pygmy

or

10-12 rasboras valcutta(1-2cm)
2 otto
3 pygmy

there are way too many kind u can stock.Easiest plant to take care is java fern,amazon sword and java moss and tons more.Remember u can only add pygmy cories in 10g cause other species can grow till 3-4 inch.gd luck......