African dwarf frogs

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
Yesterday I bought one from Petsmart since they were only a buck. Thing is I have to get a permit for it. Has anyone else had to get one and why is this needed? I know its needed for the African clawed frog but I dont get why the dwarf. Anyone have any ideas?

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
You probably need one for any aquatic frog because that's easier than saying that you can have a dwarf but not a clawed, and then making sure that there are NO clawed frogs. All aquatic frogs are illegal in Maine for this reason. I suspect it's just a NJ thing that you need a permit for an aquatic frog.

jessey

Large Fish
Dec 25, 2006
Tampa, FL
that's really weird... i don't have anything productive to say, except that i love my african dwarf frog so getting a permit will be worth it. :D when he's active at night he cracks me up.

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
When I was there they had me fill out a temporary permit. On Tuesday Im going to call for an application for the permit. Its only 10 bucks a year not much. Do they normally stay at the top just floating there? It seems to like to stay there at the top next to the filter. I also have 3 white clouds and a mystery snail. This went into the 5 gallon tank.