African Malawi fan

sandra

New Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Hey everyone, I've been keeping African Cichlids ( malawi's) for about six months now a few Tanganyika's ( oops how do you spell it ? ) and heaps of catfish..I have 5 tanks set up currently...and have successfully bred most of the Malawi's.. if anyone is interested  in talking about these kinds of fish feel free to reply I'll do my best to respond to everyone..ciao!

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Welcome to our tank *thumbsupsmiley* *celebratesmiley* *crazysmiley* *twirlysmiley*

Daniel

Somonas

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
O-town
www.myfishtank.net
Hello sandra, welcome to myfishtank.net.

I keep malawi cichlids too - what kinds do you have?  I have assorted pseudotropheus (cobalt red top, demasoni, elongatus chewewre, metriclima), otopharnx lithobates, lab chisumulu, yellow labs, mbamba bay, lwanda peacock, stuartgranti, aceis, and I am going to be getting a bunch more at the upcoming auction.

sandra

New Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I have electric yellows, cobalts, lithobates, auratus, salmon cats, bristlenose,pictus cats,pleco,dickfeldi,lombardoi. Neolomprolugus tetrocephalus and lelupis which are both tanganyika's..and the list goes on..I also have a few peacocks but I cant recall there names..have you successfull bred any of your African Malawi's? if so which ones..I find lombardoi are very easy to breed but the males are quite aggresive.Trying to breed aulonocara's but no luck yet
[quote author=Somonas link=board=introduction&num=1010188108&start=0#4 date=01/06/02 at 19:49:43]
Hello sandra, welcome to myfishtank.net.

I keep malawi cichlids too - what kinds do you have?  I have assorted pseudotropheus (cobalt red top, demasoni, elongatus chewewre, metriclima), otopharnx lithobates, lab chisumulu, yellow labs, mbamba bay, lwanda peacock, stuartgranti, aceis, and I am going to be getting a bunch more at the upcoming auction.

[/quote]

Somonas

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
O-town
www.myfishtank.net
Do you have pics?

So far I have had these breed - pseudotropheus cobalt red top, demasoni, chisumulu, yellow labs, aulonocara peacock.

I am trying to get the chewewres to breed but no luck yet.

Josh...  I lurk around here every so often ;)

Jan 27, 2009
South-Africa
Hey everyone, I've been keeping African Cichlids ( malawi's) for about six months now a few Tanganyika's ( oops how do you spell it ? ) and heaps of catfish..I have 5 tanks set up currently...and have successfully bred most of the Malawi's.. if anyone is interested  in talking about these kinds of fish feel free to reply I'll do my best to respond to everyone..ciao!
Im considering geting some malawi's would sailfin mollies live in the same tank or would they be tasty snacks??????????????