AGA Megaflow

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I just put my overflow together, but the drain side leaks just a little. It's not leaking at the bulkhead, but there is a transition piece that goes into the bulkhead. The instructions said not to bond the drain pipe for cleaning, but i'm wondering if that little leak will matter.

???? im not sure what your trying to ask. Is it leaking between where the piping and the bulkhead join on the outside of the tank? Try and snug it up, PVC fittings have a slight taper to them, so the more you push in, the tighter it gets. But make sure you dont crack your tank or anything. Do you have any pics of your overflow?

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
It will leak into the sump, but I was just curious. It was coming from A.

Your right about not worrying about it since it's going INTO the tank. Just want to make sure it's setup right. Just doesn't seem like there is much keeping both pipes in the bulkheads. What is the method of cleaning them? I can't just pull them out?

Sure you can, see if you look at the picture, the only thing your megaflow is doing is silencing the gurlge noise that comes from the water rushing down the pipe. you can pull it out right now, no joke. it will just be louder, like a toilet flushing. The thing that holds all your water is the overflow. The pipe is just a silencer. Also known as a Durso Standpipe.
Do you have the return pump plumbed up and everything? The only thing I would check on is that your sump can hold all the water that will slowly trickle into your sump in the event the return pump goes out. You can check this by removing the standpipe and letting all the water IN the overflow go to your sump. If it holds, your all good!

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I'm in the process of spec-ing out water pump, sand, and a few other small things I need to get. I guess that makes sense about taking the pipes out. Never really thought of it that way. I will definitely make sure the water in the pipes has a place to go in the event of a power outage, but I plan on using a battery backup on a few essentials. The dripping is absolutely minimal. Maybe a drop or two every few seconds.

That's completely fine, as long as you have space in your sump or whereever the water will be going, you will be ok. Now your problem makes sense. I thought you had your system running, so I was wondering"How did he notice the leak in tank if he has got piping?" But i assume you were doing a leak test or just filling it. but yeah, your problem is no problem. and chances are it will probably clog up that little leak as your tank matures with crap....if you care lol

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Actually, I do not have any tubing hooked up yet and my sump is stored away at my parents house when I moved. I plan on getting it this weekend. Once I get the tubes and sump in place I will fill it for testing. Then try to figure out how to keep the right water levels in both display and sump.