Aggression or the itty bitty crab

Hixenbaugh

Small Fish
Aug 9, 2006
Cumberland,Maryland
I have 5 angelfish 2 cory cats 1 raffey cat 1 crab, i went to bed last night everything kosher woke up the next morning and the larger veil 2 1/2 and the marble angel fish dorsel fin were ripped like they where partially ripped off. anyone have any ideas what might of happened

Aug 4, 2006
Alabama
What size tank do you have? My first thought would be the crab. Most crabs don't belong in community tanks. They will go after fish while they are sleeping, if they get too close to the bottom. What kind of crab is it?

If it isn't the crab, the angels could be fighting, especially if they are in a tank that is too small for them.

Hixenbaugh

Small Fish
Aug 9, 2006
Cumberland,Maryland
Its a temp 20 gallon until i get my 55 the bad part about it, the crab is never on the botton its always on the plant leaves. I thought it might be the crab it just a little bottom dweller nothing special. he not even close to an inch big.

Hixenbaugh

Small Fish
Aug 9, 2006
Cumberland,Maryland
all the angels are 1 to 1 1/2 inches the biggest on is 2 inches could it be mating MAYBE!!!! i take great care of my fish and a careful eye on the angels until they get a lil bigger. i just don't want to have this going on. I hope this does not continue.