ahh man i messed up

JeLeAk

Large Fish
Jan 4, 2005
Alaska
i fed frozen mysis shrimp yesterday, and placed the full card of shrimp cubes on top the light hood, and forgot about them, i came home today to a funky smell... dangit, now it stinks in here lol

this isnt the first time i forgot food next to the tank lol :rolleyes:

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
ewwww...there goes like wat? $5?

speaking of frozen foods. do you guys just drop the frozen cubes in the tank? or do you thaw them out? :confused:

i got like 8 and a half year suppy of thos frozen foods...thats if they dont expire...

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Ewww.... not going to JeLeak's house.

I always thaw mine in a shot glass of water, then feed using a mini turkey baster. I take one out, put it in the shot glass, put the cubes back in the freezer.

There are many, many things I forget, but I haven't forgotten to put the cubes back. I'm much more likely to come back from the LFS and forget to put the pack in the freezer. Once we came back from the supermarket and forgot to get the groceries out of the car for a couple of hours...

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
Lotus said:
Ewww.... not going to JeLeak's house.

I always thaw mine in a shot glass of water, then feed using a mini turkey baster. I take one out, put it in the shot glass, put the cubes back in the freezer.

There are many, many things I forget, but I haven't forgotten to put the cubes back. I'm much more likely to come back from the LFS and forget to put the pack in the freezer. Once we came back from the supermarket and forgot to get the groceries out of the car for a couple of hours...

my mom forgot about the frozen shimp that she bought at the supermarket...the car smelled for weeks....

JeLeAk

Large Fish
Jan 4, 2005
Alaska
CoolWaters- i will either take the cube and swish it in the water, then i will 'break' off a few shrimp and place them in LPS corals i feel need a snack, or thaw a cube pour some shrimp in and feed coral 'manually'

Lotus- i once forgot a grocery bag AT the store >.< lol it really wasnt my fault tho, the checkout clerk didnt place a bag or two in my shopping cart, and i just pushed the cart back to my vehicle w/o thinking... i didnt realize i missed a bag until i got home and couldnt find my noodle strainer

ram man- i hope it was just a tube TV and not a nice HD tv o.0